The Andhra Pradesh government introduced YSR Pension Kanuka, a welfare program where the pension amount was raised from ₹2,000 to ₹2,250 and the previous age requirement of 65 years was changed to 60 years.
YSR Pension Kanuka
The YSR Pension Kanuka was introduced by the Andhra Pradesh government as a social welfare program to lessen the suffering of the underprivileged and weaker segments of society.
Its goal is to provide a decent existence for the impoverished and marginalized groups, particularly widows, the elderly, and those with disabilities.
|Scheme Name||YSR Pension Kanuka|
|Launched By||By the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh State|
|Beneficiaries||Economically Backward People of the State|
|Objective||To Provide Pension|
|Benefits||Pension facility for the backward class|
Through this pension plan, the socioeconomically disadvantaged residents of the State of Andhra Pradesh get incentives.
In the state of Andhra Pradesh, the backward community receives a certain amount of pension. For the socioeconomically disadvantaged to live a comfortable life, the State pays a pension.
How to Apply for YSR Pension Kanuka?
The following is the procedure to apply for YSR Pension Kanuka:
- Go to the YSR Navasakam Portal’s official website https://sspensions.ap.gov.in/ and click on the “Download” option at the top of the homepage.
- After selecting this option, five options are displayed below, with “YSR Pension Kanuka” being the last one.
- Click on the “Download” button under “YSR Pension Kanuka” to download the YSR Pension Kanuka form to your computer.
- Fill it out and attach the necessary documents, then submit the completed form to the applicable department or authority.
Types of Pension Covered under YSR Pension Kanuka
The following pension kinds are covered by the YSR Pension Kanuka:
- Old age pension.
- Widow pension.
- Weavers pension.
- Transgender pension.
- Disabled pension.
- Toddy Tappers pension.
- Fisherman pension.
- ART (Anti Retroviral Therapy) pension.
- Single women pension.
- Traditional cobblers pension.
- Chronic Kidney Disease Of Unknown etiology (CKDU) Pension.
- Dappu artists pension.
Eligibility Criteria For YSR Pension Kanuka
The following are the requirements for qualifying under YSR Pension Kanuka:
- The applicant, who has a white ration card, comes from a BPL household.
- There should be no other pension plan that covers the applicant.
- The candidate ought to live in the district locally.
- Depending on the kind of pension, applicants must meet varying age requirements to qualify.
The following are the various age requirements for the various pension types:
- Old Age Pension – 60 Years or above with no means of Subsistence.
- Weavers Pension – 50 Years or above and Destitute.
- Widow pension – 18 years or above.
- Toddy toppers pension – 50 years or above.
- Transgender pension – 18 years or above.
- Fisherman pension – 50 years or above.
- Traditional Cobblers Pension – 40 Years or Above.
- Dappu Artists Pension – 50 Years or Above.
Single women pension –
- 35 years or above for a married woman who is separated or deserted for more than one year.
- 30 years or above for unmarried women in rural areas and 35 years or above in urban areas with no support from family.
- CKDU Pension – No Age limit but applicants must be Undergoing CKDU.
- ART Pension – No Age limit but applicant must be undergoing six months of continuous Treatment on ART.
- Disabled pension – No age limit but applicant must have a minimum of 40% disability.
YSR Pension Kanuka Amount
The specified pension amount is as follows:
- For persons living with HIV (PLHIV), fishers, the elderly, widows, single women, weavers, traditional cobblers, toddy tappers, and beneficiaries of ART pension, the monthly stipend is Rs. 2,250.
- For transgender, disabled, and Dappu artists, the monthly stipend is Rs. 3,000.
- Monthly pension from CKDU: Rs. 10,000.
Pension payments to qualifying beneficiaries are made by the Municipal Office in urban areas and the Municipal Planning and Development Office (MPDO) in rural areas.
After obtaining the pension funds from the MPDO and municipal office, the panchayat/ward gives them out online or physically.
Documents Required For YSR Pension Kanuka
- Aadhaar card.
- BPL ration card.
- Residence proof.
- Identity proof or birth certificate.
- Bank passbook.
Benefits of YSR Pension Kanuka
The YSR Pension Scheme provides various advantages to participants. Key advantages are listed below:
- Social Security pension system YSR Pension Kanuka gives participants INR 2250.
- The government lowered the age restriction from 65 to 60. The YSR Pension Kanuka qualifying rules now allow 60-year-olds to receive the pension.
- Chronic renal disease patients get INR 10000 from the YSR Pension Scheme. Thus, patients get substantial financial assistance for proper treatment in government/private institutions.
- This initiative gives transgenders, crippled individuals (at least 40%), and dappu artistes INR 3,000 as pension.